Saturday, April 3, 2010

At this point, we've got most of the big things booked - ceremony/reception location, attendants, photographer, invitations, bridesmaids dresses, suits for the guys. I'm realizing, though, that it's all of the little things that people normally don't think about when they daydream about their wedding (at least I didn't; although I wasn't the type of girl to often daydream about my wedding, anyway) that can drive you crazy. For instance:

Who's going to do my hair and makeup? At what cost? Do people even do hair on Sundays?
Where are the girls and I going to get ready the day of? There's a little bridal suite in the chapel, but we only get to be in the chapel for an hour before the ceremony.
I have a lot of friends coming from out of town, most of them poor students. Where are they going to stay?
How are those without cars going to get from the ceremony to the reception (about a ten minute drive)?
- Brainflash on that last one. Maybe I'll send out a mass email and ask if anyone who definitely is going to have a car would be willing to carpool with those without.
Who's going to clean up the chapel after the ceremony? We probably won't have anything but flower petals to sweep up, but still . . . it's a job that someone's got to do.

I feel like there's so many more, and when I get thinking about it I start to get overwhelmed. Also, who has time for homework when there's a wedding to plan!

One thing at a time, I guess. Just like everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment