Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Photography

I shouldn't be writing this right now. I can't really afford the time to be blogging, but I just got off the phone with Jordan, and I wanted to write a little something about wedding photography.

I don't know if it's un-kosher to post budget details in a public forum, so I won't, but I will say that in my opinion, we're working with a pretty decent allotment of funds for the photography for our wedding. But the thing is, everyone is just so expensive! And once you book the locations and buy the dress, a big chunk of your budget is already gone. Not to mention flowers, decorations, wedding party gifts, rehearsal dinner, and the subject at hand, photography.

Several people have advised us not to skimp on photography, because at the end of the day, your photos are among the few tangible things you'll have to remember everything by. I personally don't think we're skimping on photography, but it's hard not to feel like our options are still limited. One of the professional services we liked the best from browsing wedding expos claims to be flexible, to work with your budget to create the perfect package. But I get the impression that it's more like, tell us your budget and we'll tell you what we'll do for that price. Currently, our budget will only buy us four hours of coverage at the actual wedding. We're meeting with them tomorrow, so maybe we can barter a little bit. We'll see.

All I want are some good quality photos with minimum wacky editing (i.e. high contrasty, weird colors, etc. A word of advice to wedding photographers - go for clean and elegant, not funky and artsy. But maybe that's just me) And I don't want to have to shell out a third of our entire budget for them. Is that so much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment